How to cancel Sky TV
Cancelling your Sky TV:
Do not cancel your Direct Debit or any other ongoing payments with Sky. This may affect payments that may be due. Looking to understand what a Direct Debit is? Take a look here.
In order to cancel your Sky TV, you need to give a 31 days’ notice unless you are within the cooling off period.
Be sure to check if you are terminating your contract early as there are early termination charges.
Check your final bill as Sky tends to bill a month in advance.
Cooling off period?
A cooling-off period is the period of time following a purchase when the customer may choose to cancel or return goods purchased for any particular reason, and is entitled to a full refund. The legally mandated cooling-off period is 14 days’ usually, at Sky they offer an enhanced period of 31 days. The cooling-off period begins from the later of any of the following:
III. Written confirmation of the relevant terms and conditions for the product (inclusive of t&c made available to you in My Account)
- The right to cancel during a cooling off period will not apply if you have for your TV Service to be made available during this period.
- If you only ordered TV services from Sky, you cancel your order at any point in time before your viewing card has been used to receive the TV you requested.
Sky Broadband Early Termination Fee
There is a minimum contract period (i.e. minimum term) when you initially sign up for Sky TV. Most Sky products have a minimum contract period of either 12 or 18 months, unless stated otherwise. If you stop receiving or cancel a Sky service before the end of your contract, you may need to pay an early termination charge. Contact Sky just to be sure and they will assist you with the possible charges. You can read more here with regards to the charges.
As Sky payments are taken a month in advance, you may still be billed for the full month ahead after the termination of your service. However, not to worry! Once your service has ended, any credit on your Sky account will be returned to your bank account after 45 days.
Sky Q Equipment
When your subscription to Sky Q ends, you are held responsible for returning any equipment without any delay, using the returns method provided. Here is a link to help you with this!
I. Call a Sky support agent (03337593699)
II. Message Online via live chat (available daily from 9:00am-7:30pm)
III. Mail Sky via My Account (Fill in an online form)
IV. Email in (email@example.com)
- When emailing in, please be sure to include your name, address, postcode and telephone number. It takes up to five days to receive a reply.
- Sky can only start processing your cancellation once you have been verified as the rightful account holder. This may be done via phone call as well.
- Not to worry, your notice period begins from the date Sky receives your letter or email.
Looking to cancel your Sky broadband subscription? This guide is just for you, take a look.
I hope this guide helps you through your journey of cancelling Sky TV! If you are looking to keep better track of your subscriptions and bills, download Nova today to begin your financial wellness journey. Links are below, good luck! 😎